This is the minute that a Sikh broke strict religious convention to spare a kid's life.

Harman Singh, 22, didn't reconsider when he took of  his turban to put it underneath the head of a five-year-old kid who had been hit by an car on his approach to class. 



This is the minute that a Sikh  broke strict religious convention to spare a kid's life.

Mr Singh has now gotten bunches of recognition globally for his activities. 

He told the New Zealand Herald: 'I saw a youngster down on the ground and a woman was holding him. His head was dying, so I revealed by turban and put it under his head. 


'I wasn't considering the turban. I was contemplating the mishap and I just thought "He needs something on his head in light of the fact that he's dying". That is my occupation – to offer assistance. Furthermore, I think any other person would have done likewise as me.' 


He included: 'A huge number of individuals have said "well done". I was just doing what needed to be done  '

'Thanks to all who messages, calls…  thanks all the overall Facebook individuals who informed me. I think i simply did my job nothing else.' 

The Sikh Press Association later posted on Facebook saying: 'Whilst the narrative of how this Sikh made a special effort to help a harmed tyke is a delightful story and pleasantly secured by nzherald.co.nz , it is completely off base to say he "set religion aside" to do it. 

'A Sikh is taught to do whatever they can to help somebody, particularly in the sort of circumstance seen in the connected article. This is seen in the utilization of the DuMalla style of turban amid war times. 


This is the minute that a Sikh  broke strict religious convention to spare a kid's life.


'DuMalla can be transcribed as meaning ‘two turbans’. One reason this style of turban was worn by warrior Sikhs was to have extra material to use for treatment of wounds and to give to women who may have had clothes ripped in attacks after villages were ransacked. This Sikh did not “put aside religion” to help, he was simply doing what generations of Sikhs have done for centuries.

Comments